On the other hand, I remain convinced a snappier sub-title is worthwhile -- snappier, at least, than Living with Polio.
As noted, even dropping with for past or beyond would be an improvement, but I continue to think something like Riding Away from Polio would be far better.
I can understand the desire for "wheelchair" and "polio" in the title, and then there is seven. Seven ...
- "All human actions have one or more of these seven causes: chance, nature, compulsions, habit, reason, passion and desire," said Aristotle.
- "Marriage is three parts love and seven parts forgiveness of sins," said Lao Tzu.
- "Fall seven times and stand up eight," according to Japanese wisdom.
- "We shall never understand one another until we reduce the language to seven words," said Khalil Gibran.
- "I can't write five words but that I change seven," Dorothy Parker.
- "You may poke a man's fire after you've known him for seven years," an English proverb.
- "Naturally we would prefer seven epiphanies a day and an earth not so apparently devoid of angels," Jim Harrison.